SQL is the acronym for Structured Query Language it is a powerful programming language used for managing and querying data stored in databases which is mostly used by data analyst for there day to day activities.
As a data analyst, you will need to have a strong understanding of SQL to be able to get insights from data.
SQL Basic for Data Analyst
Here are some basic SQL concepts that is mostly used by Data analyst:
1. SELECT statement: This is the most basic SQL command used by Data Analysts to retrieve data from a database. It identifies which columns to Pull and which table to extract them from.
2. WHERE clause: This is used to filter data based on specific conditions by data analyst. It identifies a condition that must be met for a row to be included in the result.
3. ORDER BY clause: This is used to sort data in either ascending or descending order by data analyst. It specifies one or more columns to use for sorting.
4. GROUP BY clause: This is used to group data based on one or more columns. It is often used with aggregate functions like COUNT, SUM, AVG, MIN, and MAX to summarize data.
5. JOIN clause: This is used to combine data from two or more tables based on a common column. There are different types of JOINs, which consists of RIGHT JOIN FULL OUTER, INNER JOIN, and LEFT JOIN JOIN.
6. DISTINCT keyword: This is used to remove duplicate rows from a result set.